Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 2 of 29 Faces

I worked on this painting last night. I have more work to do or I might just do it over [?] I learned alot by making this painting. I think I am going to get ALOT out of this challenge. I really don't do faces as much as I would like. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and I fixed the neck. It seems to work better. The iphone is such a great tool. I kept taking photos and it helped having a smaller, overall view of the piece.  I am basing this on a painting I have hanging in my office. Right over my computer screen. I have been looking at this girl for about years and wanting to do my own version. Years ago I did an outside art show and the guy in the booth next to me had all these amazing portraits of girls. You can see by the photo below that the painting isn't so big, its about 4" wide, max. And the nose! what a pain, LOL! Oh boy its going to be a fun month, ahhaha!
her neck didn't look right...
Felix Berrot, dated 1996

TGIF everyone! Have a terrific day and enjoy the weekend!
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

6 comments:

Jennibellie said...

Lovely faces, your first creation in the last post is absolutely beautiful xxx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Just keep painting and learning, after all, it's the journey … and the potential value we stand to gain from it. :) Lovely faces!

Janet said...

I think your painting looks beautiful!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Love it, Fan!!! :]
Keep up the good work.
I love your style. ((hugs))

Serena Lewis said...

Nice work, Fran!! It should be a fun month for sure...can't wait to see the rest.

Aimeslee Winans said...

You are so talented! xoxo