Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Sunday



First Quarter

 Well, our Sunday night was an exciting and fun one for all of us. Our team won! 
I was able to do some sketching which I am so happy about.
I love capturing the events in our lives on paper.
I don't do it nearly as often as I could but when I do I am so glad. I sketched last year's game but produced only one page so I thought I would try to get in all fourth quarters...I was semi-successful.
No fear, there is always next year's game! And of course, all the days in between.  I've also posted some photos as well, below. 

second and third quarters
 
Duncan Hines extra dark chocolate cake. Delicious.

On the look-out
  
Yankee sleeps thru it all
  
Taking in the halftime show
Carl and legs
 
Dessert plate

   Have a good day and I'll be seeing you on the blogs this week:)


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

14 comments:

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Very cute... love the journaling of the super bowl!
Between that and the photos, I felt like I was part of the family ((hugs)) :]
Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

Aw, thank you April! My boy is the one on the left in the look-out photo:)

pauline said...

Fran, the sketches are GREAT!! You've definitely captured moments there. And that cake.... mmmmm... Thanks for making us feel like we were there. (congrats on the win!) xoxo

Anonymous said...

What great sketches!!! Congrats on your team's win! I have to admit that as I scrolled down, I was looking forward to one with everyone jumping up and down and popcorn flying through the air ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Pauline! I appreciate your comments;)

Unknown said...

Cat, I had to laugh at your comment. I have the jumping up and down but not as a photo but on video:)

Yvonne said...

Love the sneak peek into your life :) Very cool sketches, and candid photo ops :)

Janet said...

Love your sketches! I didn't watch the game but HB did and he was happy about the outcome.

That cake looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Thanks Yvonne! And thank you for visiting today :))

Unknown said...

Hi Janet, we were happy too and that cake was the perfect dessert! THere were cookies and icecream bu the cake was the big hit!

Creatively yours Fi said...

Very cool! I love a big game :) (we don't get the superbowl, but rugby and cricket is good viewing in Oz.) I LOVE your sketches...and it was a wee reminder for me to start sketching my daughter before she's all grown up! Thanks for your advice on my blog :) I have added some white but have gone a bit overboard. Will continue painting away til I get there :))I love Yankee what a cutie!

Unknown said...

Hi Fiona,oh yes, sketch your little one:) i didn't do it too often when my Joe was a little guy but I really cherish the sketches I do have, if I could turn back time I would have done more:)

Unknown said...

I love your sketches, Fran! You have captured a great day and expressed it beautifully through your drawings. Makes me wish i had been there!
xo
lynn

Unknown said...

thank you Lynn!