Friday, December 9, 2011

Take Care II

I was a day late last week with my Take Care thought and glad to be on track today and linking up with Lynn's blog! I felt like there were so many moments for me this week but I would have to say that a little note I received today was my 'aha!'  for the week. I have just started trading some ATCs (little 2.5" x 3.5" works of art) with some terrific artists and I received a card today from April Cole. She sent me a wonderful little package of goodies along with the card. Most importantly she gave me a wonderful message and that is to always remember that "Art Heals". You have no idea how much I needed to be reminded of that.  I saw this just last night with my husband. He has been working so hard and gets so stressed out with work. When he got home last night I could tell he'd had it, work, long commute, you name it, was bugging him... Oh, he was so grumpy. However, he had to practice Christmas songs as he is in a group that is performing at their Christmas party next week. Well,  after singing and playing piano for five or six songs, a wonderfully happy man emerged. His art truly healed him that evening. It was just amazing how he transformed! My art does the same thing for me. It calms, me, takes me away from my troubles and lets me  s t e p  a w a y.
Thank you, April.
And I love my card!
 Two gifts.
Happy Friday!
Frannie
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

8 comments:

Sue said...

What a beautiful post. I'm so happy I stumbled across this great, heartfelt link up for Fridays. A moment can change your whole life.

Take care,
Sue

Janet said...

April does such beautiful art. And I agree with you that art heals. I know I always feel better once I step into my little studio. It's my sanctuary.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful and so, so TRUE!!!! What a happy home you must have with art and music in it. Thank you so much for sharing this!!!
xoxo
lynn

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

I am touched *blushing*!
Such a beautiful post.
Thank you for sharing yourself, thoughts, and talents.
What a smile this post brought me, when I read the part about, how your husband transformed, "emerged into a wonderful happy man". Beautiful, simply beautiful.
Yes... ART TRULY HEALS, FILLS IN THE GAPS, AND MAKES US WHOLE! *hugs*
oxox

Gwen said...

I know that art heals and it is lovely to hear how it worked for both of you!
:)
xx

Unknown said...

thanks everyone for your kind comments!
Sue - I am glad to meet you too!
Janet - thank you so much for your card as well! I blogged your card in my previous post! I love it:)
Lynn- Yes we have alot of creativity going on here:)
April - thank you again!
Gwen - thank you and thanks for commenting:)

pamq said...

Yes!

I can relate totally!

Seems like through art, you just get transported to somewhere else.

Somewhere else that is a nice place, not the rat race of work or having to deal with things/people you don't want to.......

Unknown said...

What a happy post.. I have to agree I think art does heal.. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!

Hugs, Linda