Tuesday, November 15, 2011

AEDM Day 15 - Tiny Buddha

This is my first page in my new handmade journal. I am going to title my journal "What I See".

As I journaled, I first noticed this little sculpture while out for a walk and I was delighted. I get happier and happier as the days go by because no one has lifted him :) Maybe they don't see him because he's so small (1"h)? Or he looks so quiet they don't want to disturb him? For whatever reason, I like when I see him...So the sketch started of a bit hairy. I don't usually use Fabriano watercolor paper and its quite different from my beloved Arches CP. Its alot more rough. So I began the sketch using a thicker pointed marker but I forgot that it not water resistant! So I continued on and then decided to use my thin Staedtler markers for color and , silly me, those are not water resistent either. I decided what the heck and put my brush in the water and figured I'll do my best! The colors ran quite a bit but I was able to control them pretty well, in my opinion. I added a little bit of watercolor here and there and got this done pretty quickly. Its 12 now and I started it all at 10:45... sloppy but quick. Thanks for stopping by and reading about my tiny friend.



Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sketches are ver beautiful. I am especially enjoying the transitions from black and white to color!

Unknown said...

Hi letitfly. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!

Luna said...

I love this story and your artwork is beautiful!

Unknown said...

thank you Jamie! thanks for your visit and comment:))

Donna Mulholland said...

Love your blog and your buddha page made me smile!

Unknown said...

thanks Donna! Glad you like it!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Bravo!
Lovely beginning.
Did you read about Dianne Keaton's discovery of her mother's many notebooks(on NPR)
I wish I was better at doing this..

Unknown said...

Thanks Carol! Yes, I did read that on NPR. Sucha good article. I really wish I was better about journaling these days. I did, however journal thru the first year of my son's life. I started with the first sonogram picture and thru to his first birthday. After that its been all downhill.Oh well, its better than a baby's book, IMO. LOL!

Tracey FK said...

Great writing and pic and I am with you on being mucked up by changing papers... I am so in love with my arches HP and everything else just seems to take so long... nothing like the familiar sometimes but I know it is good to change it up and challenge myself like you are xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey
thanks for your visit. Yes, I was still doing a bit of grumbling this afternoon but getting used to is. I think however the next go around I'll try one with the Fabriano hot press:) Take care!

NicoleNR said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog, Fran. Your illustrations are lovely and it gives me a lot of encouragement as I work my way through Betty Edwards' books!

Unknown said...

You're welcome Nicole! Its a terrific book:) I like your blog and etsy shops!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Cool concept for a journal. Thanks for the tip on Staedler running. I´m expérimenting with what different media can do and that type of hints is very useful.